Product of the week - Ball's Freezer Jam



Every Wednesday Morning for close to four or five years, I would make the drive over to the Sharon ARP church for their breakfast Bible Study. My buddy, Dr. Meredith Cavin would lead the Bible Study and Prayer time. He also assisted Fred Lewis in the Kitchen with breakfast. The food was so good! Fred's wife Betty would bring some strawberry freezer jam to put on the hot biscuits. Yum!

Freezer jam is one of the easiest things you can make. Betty laughed when we asked her for the recipe. It is even more simple now with the convenient Ball Freezer Jars. I prefer the 8 oz. for freezer jams. You take your strawberries, pear, or other fruit and crush it up. Then you mix the package with the prescribed amount of sugar then stir in the fruit and keep stirring for about 3 minutes. Then put it in the jars, leave it to set up, and then freeze. I like the little jars because it only keeps about a week in the fridge so you have to uses it quickly. I am afraid that a large jar would only go to waste.

I decided to put up part of a basket of pears using this method it was easy and it is good. This would be a great project to do with your kids. They could almost do the whole thing themselves.

So maybe you are like me and want to try and "put something up" for the winter. If you are short on time, money, and know-how; then give freezer jam a try!





Good Eating!





The Hungry Preacher

Comments

  1. Kyle, I just linked to your post on my blog. My post will go live in a few days. I really enjoy reading your page. Take care!
    Sam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment