Product of the Week: Trader Joe's Wasabi Mayonnaise


Trader Joe's is one of my favorite places to shop. It is not a very big store but it is loaded with all different kinds of products that I just love. A new discovery is their Wasabi Mayonnaise. Since I have four children and they are already showing signs of eating us out of house and home, we eat a lot of sandwiches. I am not speaking of the artisan bread and fancy cold cut type sandwiches either. Loaf bread with turkey is a more normal lunch. Yet even this lowly everyday sandwich can be made special with an addition of Wasabi Mayo. Now if you do not like any type of spicy this might not be for you. But if you like a little or a lot I think you should give it a try.



I like to put a very, very thin layer of Wasabi Mayo on one side of the sandwich and regular Duke's Mayo on the other. This produces just a little bite of hot that jumps up and gets you for about two seconds and then disappears. Every now and then you will get a bigger hit that might last for four or five seconds. The good thing is that it quickly is gone and does not leave you with a burnt mouth sensation like other peppers and spices tend to do.



Trader Joe's says that this is great on fish and I would think so. Also I think it would be great on a burger. I will have to try that soon! The Mayo comes in a twelve ounce jar. This goes a long way because a little is a lot. Next time you are at Trader Joe's pick up a jar and try it out!



Happy Eating!


The Hungry Preacher

Comments

  1. I might like this... not sure since I'm not a huge wasabi fan, but I like mayo and wasabi in sushi... so it could be a good thing. Personally I like mixing hot sauce and mayo for turkey sandwiches... yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy shopping at Trader Joe's. Too bad there isn't one near me. Heather and I shopped there while we lived in California.

    Here's a great Trader Joe's video made by a customer using his cell phone. http://drsamgray.blogspot.com/2009/02/commercial-for-trader-joes.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment