John Jost Fundraiser

One of the real joys of living in a small town is the sense of community. Our church hosted a fund raising event today in our kitchen and fellowship hall. The Sworn Few Motorcycle club along with county and city law enforcement personnel spent many hours working together to serve hot dogs for one of their own.



Now there was nothing fancy or gourmet about the food, it was just good old hot dogs with a few topping, a coke, and a bag of chips. What made it special was the spirit in which the dinner came together. Often we here the phrase: "food made with love". This was truly food prepared, served, and eaten in love.



Today was one of those times that I felt transported back to my youth. I helped my father, a Greenville South Carolina Policeman, with events like this. It was fun to be back around policemen and see the brotherhood they have. I see it with the fireman I work with, but today reminded me of dad. I helped today because I was taught to love policemen. I do not know John Jost. Yet he is my late father's brother because of the badge that he wears and the under appreciated service he provides.



Those two hot dogs were really good today. They were for a good cause and served by people who really care. Food does not have to be gourmet to be special, sometime it is a catalyst to some thing greater than culinary enjoyment, it can be a simple way of expressing love to someone in need. God bless John Jost and God bless all those who helped and supported the fundraiser today.



Good Eatings!



The Mobile Hungry Preacher

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Comments