Rambling Thoughts about Thanksgiving

A Bird of a Different Feather

This Thanksgiving we had Homemade or should I say home grown turkey. Yes, that is right. My family in Easley got a shipment of little turkeys and have fattened them up for Thanksgiving. The Turkey was dispatched on Wednesday and then placed in a brine. It cooked up to be a very flavorful and moist bird. Unfortunatly since I was on my second Thanksgiving dinner in five hours I was not able to try the dark meat. Maybe next year.

Canned Jelly???

I uploaded some photos from Thanksgiving of our youngest daughter. She decided that she really liked the mom's cranberry sauces. I am usually all for home-made over the canned, but I really do like the can cranberry sauce. I know this is heresy for a foodie, but I do not care. It's not that I do not like the real cranberries. It is that the canned Jelly type just reminds me of my childhood.

All Dressed Up!

If you forced me to choose just one Thanksgiving favorite, I know it would have to be the dressing. This year mom made it with cornbread and biscuits. It was wonderful! Well I hope that you all had a wonderful thanksgiving and are thinking about your Christmas foods!

Excuses, Excuses!
I have not been writting much this month. You can see from my post that I was in Grand Rapids for a few days. There is a lot of good things happening at the Church and in the Community, that just means that I stay busy.

Good Eatings!

The Hungry Preacher

Comments

  1. Yes, the dressing is the best (with gravy)! I can taste the difference between the stuff out of a box and the true homemade dressing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment