Christmas Dinner Party


Over the last few years, Kelly and I have tried to be more intentional with our holiday planning. We have tried to have the 25 days of Christmas for our family. These are events such as the Christmas parade, Choir Cantata, Church Christmas party, and the like. There are also things that we want to do like my mom making ginger bread men with the kids, or making choclate Candies for the Firefighters.

One thing that we have tried to do more of this holiday season is to have people over for dinner. On Monday night we had my secretary and her husband over for dinner. She is the best secretary in the world and it was fun to just relax and talk with them. Tonight we had over three ministers. One is a bachlor, one is married with no kids, and the other is married with two kid. So there were four ministers, three wives, and six children. You would not have believed the noise that we made but we had a great time. On both of these occasions I cooked Chinese/Thai favorites. Monday night was Tom Kai Gai (Coconut Chicken Soup), Fried Rice, and Egg Rolls. Tonight we had Egg Drop Soup, Egg Rolls, Prig King (Thai Curry Chicken and Bean Dish, and Fried Rice. This was a lot of work to clean the house and to cook the food, but it is well worth the time to spend it with good friends; not to mention spending time with my daughter cooking.

Mom's Egg Roll recipe is the champ. My wife and I have made them most of our married lives. We have made them for Church members, Friends, and our Youth Group. Every year we would make Chinese for our youth group. One year we made 125 egg rolls and served a gallon of soup. It was great. I have some very fond memories of those Christmas parties. Even the people that do not like chinese or egg rolls love mom's egg rolls. Technically they are spring rolls, but they are good no matter what you call them.

Tomorrow we have two couples coming over for dinner. We are going to have a Boneless Rib Roast I got from Trader Joe's. We will have potatoes and salad too. This is my families traditional Christmas Eve Dinner. I do hope you have some good traditions for the Christmas season and that you will be cooking food that will create memories and recall memories.

Good Eating!

The Hungry Preacher

Comments

  1. Kyle,

    That was some killer eating last night! At about 12:30am this morning I was wishing I had a couple more egg rolls. We had a really great time, and are very grateful for the invite. Your family is delightful.

    A very merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ARS

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment