Questions about Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving is just around the corner, what is your Thanksgiving tradition?

Growing up it was Roasted Turkey, Dressing, Cranberry Sauce (the jelly kind in the can), my great aunt Lola Mae's Cole Slaw.

When you get married your traditions change. I started going with my in-laws to the family gathering in Greenwood where in addition to the normal Thanksgiving fare, we have broccoli salad and pineapple casserole. This is a huge meal which is followed about four hours later with the meal from above when get to my mom's house. Well we now have cranberry sauce that is made with real cranberries. Actually, I think mom alway had the homemade sauce, I just liked the canned. I know, do not ask.

What are your traditions?
Anyone break with the normal Turkey?
Anyone do something very different?
What are your sides for this Thanksgiving?
What do you do with the leftovers?

Good Eatings!
The Hungry Preacher

Comments

  1. Alright before my sister Shea comments, this picture was Easter not Thanksgiving, but I do not have a Thanksgiving pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was trying to remember when we ever did Thanksgiving at your house and was drawing a blank....

    Anyway!

    This year I think we are having suckling (OK so they ARE weaned) pig because the turkey won't be ready until Christmas. I would imagine that the sides will remain the same... colored limas, coleslaw, cranberry sauce (Homemade), dressing.... pumpkin pie (or pumpkin praline cheesecake if I'm feeling fancy) for dessert. Aside- I found "organic" Cool Whip at WF! I'm planning to give it a trial run before Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment