A long time coming.....

Alton Brown was interviewing Gaby from "What's Gaby Cooking" blog and he said, "There are a lot of bad cooking blogs out there!"

My first thought was,  "Yes, and I own one!"

It has been a long, long time since I have written anything for the blog. Much of my time has been devoted to coaching basketball. I have been able to be a part of young peoples lives though the game of basketball. This has kept me busy along with my full time job as a pastor of a local church and my work within our presbytery and synod.

I have a notebook full of ideas. I have even a few rough drafts of articles that need to be polished up. It is just plain hard work to put together a quality blog even for just my friends and family. I have no desire to make money off the blog. I just want to use it for those people that I know and love. I also want to use it for a creative outlet beyond my professional calling.

So what will The Hungry Preacher blog be? It will be about food. I have been posting some pictures on Instagram (@thehungrypreacher) and Twitter (@hungrypreacher). It is much easier to take photos and post them than write about something. I remember a seminary professor of mine saying, "writing is some of the hardest work that you will ever do." How true!

While I will be continuing to write on food,  I also think that this blog will become more about my other interest that I have in life. These interest are varied from watercolors, fountain pens, history, sports, politics, education, and theology. Why have a blog then? Why not just post on Facebook? I will continue to post things on Facebook. The blog gives me platform to express longer thoughts than Facebook. Even though you are not limited to a number of characters like twitter, it is exhausting to read paragraph after paragraph of a Facebook post. The Blog is a better format.

So we will see how it goes. Hope you might check in with me from time to time just to see what I am up to in my little world.

The Hungry Preacher!

Comments

  1. It seems everybody has become blog-inspired. Happy to see everybody writing again! I have a couple posts I'm editing and hopefully will be posting soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment